Friday, August 6, 2010

Wanna Serge?

Have you ever owned or operated a serger?  I have never owned one, and I've never even played with one before.  That hasn't stopped me from fantasizing about acquiring one, though.

I have seen so many amazing projects that other sewers have made using sergers... shirts, pants, working with knits, even undies and quilts!  It seems like the options are just endless.

Well, if you are like me and would love to try your hands at one of these mysteriously capable machines then you'll want to enter a great giveaway at Sew Mama Sew.  (Don't feel obligated to dash over there and sign up because you are ultimately reducing my chances of being the big winner.)

So, back to my fantasy... if I won this machine I think I would immediately make a knit shirt or pants.  I always see knits that have completely surged hemlines.  When I've tried to work with knits on my machine I can never seem to get the tension just right, so I end up misshaping the fabric or creating a bulge.  Another project I recently talked with Hubby about was making something for his company, and I specifically told him how easy it would be to manufacture what he was asking for if only we had a serger.  (I can't divulge the idea at this time, but if I win that machine I'll show you exactly what I'm talking about.)

Are you going to join me in trying to win a Husqvarna Viking Serger?  Be sure and follow the instructions carefully for entering your name in the hat.  Good luck!  (sort of...)