Thursday, January 14, 2010

More traveling...

I'm quite the home-body. I like being at my house. Regardless of what I'm doing I just like being there. Perhaps because it is comfortable.

You might remember that we went to Santa Fe the week after Christmas. It was a wonderful trip! But, now we are preparing for another trip. To Las Vegas. I really can't stand that city except that my mom lives there now so I'll get to see her. Hubby and I are going to a convention to promote his business. It will be a week of walking, walking, walking, networking and more networking, definitely not a vacation. And that's ok. I'm happy to help him grow his business. I just wish we could do more of that from home.... I think he feels the same right now, too.

Hubby is so stressed with all that he needs to accomplish with his business. I'm stressing about all the things I'm not able to accomplish right now because he needs my help. My etsy shop is on hold, I'm behind on laundry, the floors at home need a good cleaning, and those freakin' baseboards.... Why are they standing out so vibrantly right now? I know it's been about two years since I've scrubbed them, but really.... I've been able to tune them out for two years and now they want to pop out at me?

Geeze....

And I can't get to my sewing machine because its blocked by Hubby's gear and preparations for the convention. I haven't said anything about it since I don't want to add to his stress level. But, I'm longing to sit down and sew. I don't even care what I make.

And then there's the dang baseboards again....