Sunday, July 5, 2009

Note to self: You can't cut hair!

I've been toying with the idea of cutting bangs for several weeks. And, I do mean that I wanted to cut the bangs, not have a professional do it. By Friday night I had worked up the courage. I had watched some YouTube demos and felt I was all set.

Let me point out a few things... I didn't have the proper hair-cutting tools (I used embroidery scissors), I didn't re-watch any instructional videos before getting started Saturday morning, and I didn't listen to that little voice in my head trying to correct me as I went. So, I forged ahead with a confidence like I had been doing this kind of thing regularly or something.

Let me just say it's a darn good thing that my hair grows fast. And, I have access to a great hair stylist that I am calling this week to see if she can help correct my snafu. I'm sure she loves it when people like me come in after several months of not getting a professional trim or cut. (Hubby trimmed my ends a couple of months back and now I've cut bangs... sheesh.) She'll earn that $50 in no time flat, right?So here's a photo recap... my hair right after the cut. Doesn't look terribly bad, right? Just a bit of a flash back to the 1990's, wouldn't you say? All I need is some high waisted pleated jeans like Z. Cavaricci's and I'll be all set!

Now check out Hubby's close up of my side burns...
I was actually considering shaving that all the way back and dying it orange like how Cindi Lauper used to look in the 80's. That would be fun, right?

And, here is me again this morning, trying to "make do" with my do. My "look" is so from another era right now. I keep telling myself there are super models who have thick bangs like this. But, then I remind myself it is probably just an old photo circulating in my brain trying to make myself feel better.
I'll post another pic after I get my REAL real hair cut. Until then, if you're thinking of cutting your hair just make sure you don't have the false confidence I started with, and make sure you have the right tools. And, for Pete's sake... re-watch those instructional videos before getting started!!! OR you just might end up on the road to having a mullet like me.

On a side note, you may have noticed if you read my blog regularly, that these are actual "show my face" kind of pics. Yep, Hubby and I are turning over a new leaf with our blogs... a bit more reality driven. We'll see how it goes...