Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crochet & Quilt Update

As the weekend is drawing to a close I wanted to share some updates with you. It's been a great weekend for us... The Little Guy turned 11 today! This morning began with frosting his cake, sharing a nice breakfast then opening his gifts and slicing into the delicious dessert. He asked for an almond cake, which is really a regular home-made white cake with white frosting, I just substitute almond extract for vanilla extract. I did this by mistake one year and it has become a favorite in my household. Give it a shot sometime...you just might like it as much as we do!I finished up the gift for my mom for Mother's Day. Tomorrow I can get it shipped to her. I made her card with a bit of stitching on my sewing machine, which is the first time I've tried this. I like how it came out. The other items are some crocheted face scrubbies and dish scrubbies. The green and white ones are 100% cotton yarn, while the solid green face scrubbie is made from acrylic yarn. I made some of these for myself, too, so I'm anxious to give them a whirl and see if they are good gentle exfoliaters. If I like how they've turned out this might just be what I start my etsy shop with.
And, last but not least, here is my finished quilt top. I've got it completely basted so I can start using my hoop to hand quilt it. I can't wait to finish this step so I can add the binding and be done! More to come...