Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a Birthday!

I must share with you all that today is my 35th birthday! I must also admit that this is the first birthday that I'm having a bit of trouble being excited about. Perhaps it is because you can now round me up to 40... Whatever the reason, age has never been an issue for me in the past. I've never looked my age... I think it's the chubby cheeks and freckles... I've always looked younger, so what's my deal? I think perhaps its because I can relate so well to what all the old folks in my life have been saying for years, "I still feel like I'm 19!" I'm going to get over this. Age is just a number and I'm going to keep feeling 19 just not try to act like it.

I have received so many sweet sentiments today so far, and it's not even nine a.m.! Hubby made breakfast for us today, he and The Little Guy presented me with their handmade card (and you know how I dig handmade goodies!), everyone at the office wished me happy bday and my good friend at work painted me a beautiful cross on a small canvas (another beautiful handmade goody!), my sister called me and sang happy bday to me in Spanish (Muchos gracias, mi hermana!), and another close friend emailed me to ask if I wanted margaritas or wine at our girl's happy hour tomorrow afternoon. Of course I said to bring on the tequila!!! (Definitely got to hit up the gym today to make room for those extra calories!)

Then when I logged in to blogger today, what other surprise did I have waiting for me? Rambler posted about my bday and asked her readers to send me some bloggy bday love today. Is that sweet or what? Check out her post today, in addition to boosting my ego she also has a great question series on Thursdays, and today's question is another doozie. I love how she promotes a bit of self reflection each week. Go Rambler!

A huge thank you to all of you who've made my birthday so special this morning! I can't wait to see what the rest of the week's celebration will have in store for me!