Sunday, April 19, 2009

Santa Fe Happenings...a brief synopsis

My fabulous weekend has been flying right past me! The vacay in Santa Fe is going splendidly! I wanted to pass along a few tidbits to keep you in the loop, and let you all know I'm thinking of you and missing your blogs. I know I have a ton of posts to catch up on!

When I arrived on Friday, after long delays out of the DFW area due to storms, I was elated. I met up with Mom in Albuquerque around lunch time and we headed to Santa Fe. As we were driving we would see some snow flurries here and there, but we kept thinking it was only supposed to rain and didn't pay it much attention. By the time we got into Santa Fe the flakes were huge and were coming down hard. Here's a picture of what our view was like from the car... It was beautiful!
Later that day my good friend joined us and we sat in the kitchen snacking, having pina coladas and chatting the night away. Saturday we walked all over town, then were treated to a wonderful Santa Fe pleasure that none of us had ever experienced.
My good friend's hubby had scheduled us for a cooking tour through the Santa Fe School of Cooking. Chef Rocky Durham was our tour guide and host. He was also a fabulous entertainer. We hit four different restaurants in town, all of them absolutely amazing in all possible ways, and I will tell you all about where you need to stop to eat in an upcoming post. Stay tuned!

Sunday we walked around town more, shopping and taking in new sites. We found an amazing new pop art gallery that I had a blast looking around in. I found some awesome art that I was drooling over. I'll tell you more about the artist in another post so you can check out more of her work.
I hope you all have had a great weekend! I'll be back with the deets on where to dine in the coming day or so. Happy Monday to you all!